Instructor Training Part 2
The Advanced Driving Test
Lasts approx 1 hour and consists of:
- Eye Sight Check- reading a vehicle registration from a distance of up to 90 feet.
- Basic Maintenance / Safety Checks to your vehicle known as Show Me-Tell Me questions.
- Driving over a set route for up to 25 miles on various types of roads:
– Side Roads
– A Road (Urban & Rural)
– Motorways & Dual Carriageways
- Demonstrate following a SATNAV and road signs
- Demonstrating all 6 maneuvers:
– Emergency Stop
– Reverse out of parking space
– Pull up on the right hand side of the road and reverse back 2 car lengths
– Reverse Bay Park
– Reverse Parallel Park
You can make no more than 6 minor driver faults to pass and you are allowed a maximum of 3 attempts.