Pass your test quickly and cheaply with driving lessons in Willenhall
When you sign up with Homers Driving School for your driving lessons in Willenhall, you will benefit from our unique combination of practical and online learning to get you ready for your test as quickly and cheaply as possible.
Thanks to our expert driving instructors in Willenhall and our online learning to drive syllabus, 83% of our students pass their driving test first time.
Your learning will be supplemented by our online teaching resources which enable you to get ahead of the game, both from a practical and theoretical point of view.
We highlighted the main benefits and features of our online syllabus in our previous blog on the subject, but did you know we also have a whole section dedicated to the ‘Show Me, Tell Me’ part of your driving test?
Using these pages, you can swot up on some of the questions you may be asked.
Show Me Tell Me questions
As part of your driving test, you will be asked to both ‘tell’ and ‘show’ the examiner how you would carry out a particular task or function.
The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency recently announced a series of changes to the driving test which take effect from Monday, December 4. This includes a change to the format of the ‘Show Me, Tell Me’ questions.
While the ‘Tell Me’ question will still be asked before you start driving, the ‘Show Me’ question will be asked while you are driving.
Although our driving instructors will incorporate ‘Show Me, Tell Me’ into your driving lessons in Willenhall, you can supplement that learning by using our online resource to familiarise yourself with the types of questions that may arise.
On the ‘Show Me, Tell Me’ section of our website you will find all of the questions that could come up, and their answers – including the new questions being added in December. Learning these is a great preparation for your driving test and is a key factor in the success of our students.
Examples of ‘Tell Me’ questions include:
- Open the bonnet, identify where you would check the engine oil level and tell me how you would check that the engine has sufficient oil
- Identify where the windscreen washer reservoir is and tell me how you would check the windscreen washer level
- Tell me how you would check that the brakes are working before starting a journey
- Tell me where you would find the information for the recommended tyre pressures for this car and how tyre pressures should be checked
Some examples of current ‘Show Me’ questions include:
- Show me how you switch your headlight from dipped to main beam and explain how you know the main beam is on while inside the car
- Show me how you would check that the brake lights are working on this car
- Show me how you would set the demister controls to clear all the windows effectively
- Show me how you would switch on the rear fog lights and explain when you would use them
The new questions being added in December include:
- When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you wash and clean the rear windscreen
- When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you’d set the rear demister
- When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you’d open and close the side window
- When it’s safe to do so, can you show me how you’d operate the horn
All the possible ‘Show Me, Tell Me’ questions and their answers are available on our website.
To get started on your driving lessons in Willenhall with the best driving school in the West Midlands, contact us on 0800 612 4897.Posted on