FAQ Intensive Courses
Manual and Automatic Intensive Driving Course
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Will my Driving Instructor be fully qualified?
- At Homers Driving School we only use driving instructors who are fully qualified to DVSA UK Government Driver and Vehicle Standard Agency, for our Intensive Driving Course.
- Will my Driving Instructor be DBS checked (Disclosure and Barring Service)
- YES all driving instructors are DBS checked.
- Do you use Dual Controlled Cars?
- YES all driving instructor vehicles are fully dual controlled.
- Do you offer Manual and Automatic Cars?
- YES we can offer either car, just request your preference when booking your Intensive Driving Course with Homers Driving School.
- Have you got Male and Female Instructors?
- YES we can offer either gender, when booking your Crash Course let our office know.
- Do you cover my area?
- The Intensive Driving Crash Courses are being offered in the West Midlands and the surrounding counties Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Herefordshire, Shropshire and Staffordshire. If you are unsure just simply call us 0800 612 6650 / 07432 458100 with your town, postcode and we will get back to you.
- If I have any special requirements?
- If you have any special requirements e.g. ADHD, Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, or anything else that may affect your ability to learn to drive let our staff know when booking your Intensive Driving Course and they will be able to inform the Driving Instructor.
- Do I share the car with other pupils?
- NO, the car is booked out for you only, with 1-2-1 tuition from Homers Driving Instructor.
- Do you offer Gift Vouchers?
- YES, we have a range of Gift Vouchers available from £10.00 up to any value required.
- What age can I apply for my Provisional Licence?
- You can apply for your Provisional Driving Licence from 15 years and 9 months old, but you cant start to drive until your 17th Birthday unless you are 16 years old and applied for or in receipt of enhanced rate of the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP). You can book your Theory Test once you have your licence but not take until you are 17 years of age.
- Do I need to pass my Theory Test before booking a Crash Course?
- NO, you can book an Intensive Course with Homers Driving School at any time, but we advise you not to start the Crash Course until you have passed your Theory Test due to DVSA guidelines.
- Is the Theory Test included in the Crash Course?
- NO, unless you book Novice, Complete Beginners Crash Course this one includes the Theory Test within its pricing, but we can arrange and book the Theory Test for you for a small additional fee of £45.00.
- Can you help me with my Theory Test?
- YES, we can help with your Theory Test either you can purchase our Anywhere Log In Programme Theory Revision for £10 OR Theory Classroom Assistance for 10 hours tuition for ONLY £99. Need more information call 0800 612 6650 or 07432 458100 or Visit The Instructor Hub – 1 Baird House, Second Avenue, Pensnett Trading Estate, Kingswinford Dudley DY6 7YA. (right by the DVSA Practical Driving Test Centre Newton House Dudley)
- What time period is the Theory Test Certificate valid for?
- Once you have passed your Theory Test this is valid for 2 years from the date you pass. Within this period you have 2 Years to take your Practical Driving Test. Keep the Theory Test Certificate in a safe place as you may be asked for this on the day of your Practical Driving Test.
- What documents do I need to start my Intensive Course?
- The only documentation you will need is a current Provisional Driving Licence. You can apply online at www.gov.uk or pick up an D1 application form from your nearest Post Office.
- Is my Practical Driving Test included in the cost of the Intensive Driving Course?
- The cost of the weekly Practical Driving Test ONLY is included in the Intensive Driving Course packages quoted on the website, but if you have already booked your Practical Driving Test we will deduct the cost of this from your Intensive Crash Course.
- Can you book a Weekend or Bank Holiday Practical Driving Test?
- YES – we can, but we would have to increase the Practical Driving Test fee to the weekend/bank holiday rate.
- Can I still book a Crash Course if I need an Extended Practical Driving Test?
- YES – we can, but we would have to increase the Practical Driving Test fee to the Extended Disqualified Test rate.
- When will I have to pay for my Crash Course?
- Deposit required when booking has been confirmed. Remaining balance will be due cash to the driving instructor on the commencement date of your course OR 7 days prior to course starting via card by calling the office or online Bacs payment.
- If additional hours of Driving are needed what is the charge?
- from £30.00 per hour for Manual or from £40.00 per hour for Automatic payable direct to the Driving Instructor.
- What do I wear or need for my Crash Course?
- Need sensible low / comfortable shoes – NO opened toe sandals, flip-flops, crocs or high heels, wear comfortable clothing for long driving day, take light / warm coat too. Take sun-glasses, plus any prescription glasses for driving as all pupils must pass the legal required eye sight test (20m). This will be conducted by your Driving Instructor on your first lesson.
- Do we have breaks?
- YES – It is impossible to drive continuously so short breaks can be arranged between your driving instructor and you the pupil.
- Are drinks and lunch provided on the Intensive Crash Course?
- NO – we recommend you bring along a pack lunch along with refreshments or money to buy from a local shop. If you are close enough you may wish to use The Instructor Hub 1 Baird House, Second Avenue, Pensnett Trading Estate, Kingswinford Dudley DY6 7YA. (right by the DVSA Practical Driving Test Centre Newton House Dudley) for a Pit Stop.
- What happens if I fail my eye-sight test on my first lesson?
- Your lesson will not continue and you will not be offered a refund.
- What happens if I turn up late for my Crash Course?
- You are responsible to turn up on time for your Intensive Driving Course, otherwise you will loose precious driving tuition time.
- What happens if a Driving Instructor turns up late to a Crash Course?
- This would be on a rare occasion, but the Driving Instructor will make up the time with the learner.
- What happens if the pupil is ill and cannot attend the Intensive Driving Course?
- Unfortunately, time has been allocated and you must pay your remaining balance.
- What happens if the learner needs to re-arrange the Crash Course to another date?
- Require 7 days’ notice.
- What happens if the pupil needs to cancel Intensive Crash Course?
- Deposit received on confirmation booking along with Practical Driving and Theory Test Fees is non-refundable. If cancelled 8 days prior to the commencement start date of the Crash Course remaining balance is not payable, but less than 7 days full remaining balance is payable.
- What happens if I’m not ready to take my Practical Driving Test?
- If you’re Driving Instructor feels that you are not ready to take your practical driving test, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your practical driving test. If we can rearrange we will do so, otherwise you will not be offered a refund.
- Am I guaranteed to pass?
- We will endeavour to teach you all the skills and knowledge you require to pass your Practical Driving Test, but the actual driving test is carried out by an Independent Government Examiner who will assess your driving performance on the day. Homers Driving School do not offer a first time pass guarantee.
- Verbal or Physical Abuse?
- We operate a zero tolerance policy and reserve the right to leave without refunds being issued.
- If I do not Pass my Practical Driving Test what happens next?
- Homers Driving School can re-book you in for your “6 hour Intensive Driving Course including Practical Driving Test”
Click for details and pricing for –
- Manual Intensive Driving Courses
- Automatic Intensive Driving Courses
To discuss in more details about the manual and automatic crash courses we offer,
Contact us today on 0800 612 6650 or 07432 458 100 to speak to Sarah our Booking Co-Ordinator who will talk you through the services we offer, she we help you choose the right driving course for you and your needs.
Visit Sarah at The Instructor Hub 1 Baird House, Second Avenue, Pensnett Trading Estate, Kingswinford Dudley DY6 7YA. (right by the DVSA Practical Driving Test Centre Newton House Dudley)
Terms and Conditions