Free ECO & Safety Training
THIS IS AVAILABLE FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY AND IS FULLY FUNDED BY THE ENERGY SAVING TRUST
Covering the whole of England.
Fuel Savings of 10 -20%
This training consists of:
- Each driver’s training will last for 50 minutes.
- Your company will need to provide 8 delegates per day. There is no maximum.
- Each driver will drive two laps of an identical route on public roads, the first in his normal driving style and the second whilst being coached and adopting eco driving techniques.
- Discussion and two-way feedback is an integral part of the training, so the training will include a brief ‘warm up’ discussion before the driving begins and feedback sessions after both laps.
- Trip-average fuel consumption (MPG) and trip-average speed (MPH) will be measured for each driver’s first drive and each driver’s second drive. The MPG and MPH figures will be available immediately after each drive as they form part of the discussion in the two feedback sessions.
We will also assess the driver’s driving style and the areas with the greatest potential for fuel and safety improvements. We will lead a conversation to promote trust, put the driver at ease and get an understanding of the factors that interest and motivate them.
We will introduce the three core eco driving tips: Greater anticipation; use of gears especially of changing up at low revs when accelerating; and use of a ‘trailing throttle’ i.e. lifting off the accelerator early but remaining in gear when decelerating. Discuss with the driver if he would like to focus particularly on any other tips. Give positive feedback to encourage the driver and to impart positive feelings towards eco driving.