Intensive Courses Terms and Conditions
Homers Driving School
Terms and Conditions of Business – Intensive Courses
All prices are correct at the time of publishing but are subject to change without notice.
Course content may vary depending on the client’s needs or instructor’s recommendations. This is in the client’s interest and can be changed at any time by the instructor. The course start and test dates will be agreed on booking but the tuition times will be agreed between the pupil and the instructor.
A percentage of the course cost is required as a deposit and is non-refundable. The remaining balance is payable in cash on arrival of our Driving Instructor commencing the course. Should a client require a formal invoice please request this on booking.
Test fees cannot be refunded. The Company cannot be held responsible for cancellation of a test due to unforeseen circumstances. Should you wish to change the dates of your course following payment this may incur a charge.
A valid provisional driving licence must be presented at the start of your course. If you have any motor/convictions or disabilities it is vital that you inform us at the outset as this may affect your ability to take your test which could result in you being unable to recover your test fee.
Any abusive, offensive or other such conduct will not be tolerated and the course may be terminated without notice.
In the event of a mechanical breakdown of the instructor’s car or for any other reason that the instructor is unable to substitute another instructor for a specific course – rearrangement of the course may be necessary to an alternative suitable time for you.
The instructor and/or school has the right to withdraw the car from any test if the pupil has not reached the required level to complete a test safely and competently. The instructor will give a full explanation of reasons for withdrawal.
You are not permitted to transfer or assign the benefit of your course to any other party.
No variation, amendment or modification to these terms will be permitted without written agreement from the Company.
The Company’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance of the above shall be limited to the price paid for the course. This includes its liability in respect of the acts or omissions of its employees, agents and sub-contractors.
All other terms and condition that apply are listed in our regular terms and conditions below and other terms and conditions pages.
You acknowledge that your personal data will be held and processed by the Company in connection with the above.
Any comments should be sent, in email to email@example.com
These terms and conditions are governed and construed in accordance with English Law.
Intensive Driving Course for Manual & Automatic Car
Receipt of your deposit acts as acceptance of our terms and conditions of booking outlined below.
Terms and Conditions:
- Booking the Intensive Driving Course you the pupil are indicating to Homers Driving School that you have read and understood the terms and conditions and that you the pupil agree to be bound by them.
- Each Intensive Driving Course is for the hours booked including time required for taking your Practical Driving Test. Additional driving hours can be booked with your Driving Instructor at agreed rate from £30.00 per hour for manual car and from £40.00 per hour automatic car.
- All special offers, courses and driving lesson prices may be subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of Homers Driving School.
- If a gift voucher is supplied by Homers Driving School, then the voucher is valid for a maximum period of 12 months from the date of purchase. Gift vouchers are to be given to the Driving Instructor on the start of the commencement date of the Intensive Crash Course to redeem the value (without proof cannot be redeemed) Voucher/s are non-transferable.
- If you the pupil does not continue to complete the course, the remaining hours are lost and not refunded.
- The car provided by the Driving Instructor will be comprehensively insured, the training vehicle will be in good working order and will be fitted with dual controls. Homers Driving School cannot be held responsible for any insurance related claims. All disputes are the responsibility of the Driving Instructor.
- You the pupil must pass the legal required eye sight test (20m). This will be conducted by your Driving Instructor on your first lesson. If you the pupil fail your eye-sight test your lesson will not continue and you will not be offered a refund.
- You the pupil are responsible to turn up on time for your Intensive Driving Course, otherwise you will lose precious driving tuition time. If the Driving Instructor turned up late this would be on a rare occasion, but the Driving Instructor will make up the time with the learner.
- If you the pupil are ill and cannot attend the Intensive Driving Course, Unfortunately, time has been allocated and you must pay your remaining balance.
- If you the pupil need to re-arrange the Intensive Driving Course to another date we Homers Driving School require 7 days’ notice in writing via an email from yourself.
- If you the pupil cancel the Intensive Crash Course less than 7 days to the commencement start date of the Crash Course full remaining balance is payable. No refund will be given under any circumstances. Once a course has commenced should you the pupil decide to cancel the course, no refund will be given for any unused hours.
- If you the pupil cancel a driving lesson less than 48 hours the lesson is still chargeable and the hours will be deducted from the balance of the Intensive Driving Course.
- If you the pupil book additional hours with the Driving Instructor and then cancel or fail to show, then these lessons will be charged and payable to the Driving Instructor at the standard hourly driving lesson rate from £30.00 per hour for manual car and from £40.00 per hour automatic car.
- It is impossible to drive continuously so short breaks can be arranged between your driving instructor and you the pupil whilst you are taking your Intensive Crash Course.
- A Practical Driving Test cannot be booked until you the pupil has successfully passed the theory test. If the theory test is booked by Homers Driving School or you the pupil and you fail the Theory Test on one or more occasions. Homers Driving School would change the agreed start date for the Intensive Driving Course until the Theory Test has been passed by you the pupil.
- Practical Driving Test availability is subject to tests made available by the DVSA – Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency. Homers Driving School will try and secure a Practical Driving Test local to the pupil.
- No guarantee can be made of test availability. In the event that a test cannot be booked for the end of the Intensive Driving Course, then an alternative test will be offered for a date and time agreeable to you the pupil and the Driving Instructor. No refunds of any monies are available in this case.
- If the DVSA – Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency cancels a Practical Driving Test for whatever reason, then Homers Driving School cannot be held responsible or liable for the test fee and any lesson time lost.
- If you the pupil have successfully passed their Practical Driving Test and you had some unused hours. No refund will be given for any unused hours.
- Homers Driving School cannot be held responsible for any traffic violation on the part of you the pupil or the Driving Instructor.
- If you’re Driving Instructor feels that you the pupil are not ready to take your practical driving test, due to safety reasons, then you the pupil will not be allowed to take your practical driving test. If this is the case you will not be offered a refund.
- You’re Driving Instructor will endeavour to teach you the pupil all the skills and knowledge you require to pass your Practical Driving Test, but the actual driving test is carried out by an Independent Government Examiner who will assess your driving performance on the day. Homers Driving School do not offer a first time pass guarantee.
You’re Obligations “the pupil”:
- Ensuring all appropriate documentation is produced when attending both Theory and Practical Driving Test. Homers Driving School will not be held responsible in any way for lost test fees.
- On first lesson supply a signed provisional driving licence. If you fail booking will be cancelled and no refund.
- Satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements (20m). If you fail the Intensive Driving Course will be cancelled and no refund.
- Attend lesson on time, failing to do so will result in you loosing driving lesson time.
- You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs at any time during your Intensive Driving Course. If Homers Driving School detect any signs of this, your course will be terminated at once and any monies paid will be none refundable.
- Verbal or Physical Abuse – We operate a zero tolerance policy and reserve the right to leave without refunds being issued.
- Homers Driving School is committed to protecting your Privacy. The information that we collect about you will be in accordance with the Data Protection Act of 1998 and the new (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulations enforced from 25th May 2018.
- Any personal information which we hold to process your booking will be held securely in accordance with the law. This will not be sold or passed onto a ‘third party’
- Homers Driving School would like to take your photograph once you pass your Practical Driving Test to use for our website gallery, social media or marketing material. If you wish to opt out of this please inform us at the time of booking your Intensive Driving Course.
If you have any questions regarding the terms and conditions or any other matters.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss on 0800 612 6650